No affiliation, just looking for comments
FS: Altec bass bins - diyAudio
No affiliation, just looking for comments
FS: Altec bass bins - diyAudio
Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
[url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
[url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]
too small for me...
"those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928
Well, at the time I asked, I thought these were the cabs I'd designed for him, but the dims don't line up right and I have some correspondence where he says he's going to replace them with a larger JLH design, so I'm guessing that's what these are.
If so, he mentions a 40 Hz tuning with solid measured output to 35 Hz in-room, but my memory is that it's not very large and of course like many 'small' combo horn designs will have a shelved bass response referenced to the horn, though IIRC he uses a high output impedance, so this would help 'pump up' the bottom end some.
What I do know is that if these have the same 515-8Gs, then they measured better than spec and almost identical. Real 'keepers', so have to wonder if he's letting them go or subbing a different pair.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
kinda wonder how far in to the 30's.
and at what level.
Bookmarks